- 2 sweet potatoes, 1/4 and sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can roasted green chilies
- 2 cans chick peas, drained(or three cups)
- 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1" piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 32 ounces organic chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- white or brown rice
Toss sweet potatoes in oil, season and roast on baking sheet at 400, for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
Heat oil in stock pot, add onion and peppers. Saute briefly. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, chickpeas and spices. Simmer on low heat 30-45 minutes. Add coconut milk and heat through.*
Remove from heat, add cilantro, mint and spinach. Add roasted sweet potatoes.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve over rice. Yum!
*alternatively throw all ingredients(except fresh herbs and spinach, add those off heat) into a slow cooker on medium heat 2-3 hours.