- 1 bag dry black beans, soak overnight
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 3 jalapenos, finely diced
- 1-15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1-32 ounce box chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- ham bone
- black pepper
Saute onions, garlic, and celery until translucent. Add peppers, cook briefly.
Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a simmer, add beans and ham bone.
Add cumin and pepper. Add 2 cups water(more may be necessary).
Continue to simmer until beans are tender.
Remove ham bone. Puree some of the soup mixture, add it back to soup. Season.