Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cranberry White Chocolate Biscotti with Lime

My new years resolution is to faithfully post to my blog.   I have renewed inspiration and I am cooking like crazy with a new mac-daddy food processor! cuisinart elite food processor  My old food processor was a serious health hazard, I was glad to have retired it before I maimed myself.
In North Carolina last month, we visited A Southern Season for the first time,  it is an awesome store.  We were especially excited about their after Christmas sales.  If you are in the Chapel Hill-Durham area, don't miss it.
Here is the first entry of the year, a delicious biscotti.


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ¾ cup sugar
  • ½ cup butter
  • 1 lime, zested, chopped fine
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
  • ¾ cup dried cranberries
  • ¾ cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.



In mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, lime zest, and salt.  Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.  Mix in flour and baking powder, until just combined.  Stir in cranberries, pecans and white chocolate.

On greased baking sheet, form log, 3" wide.  Bake 35-40 minutes, until lightly browned.  Cool.  Slice log into 3/4" slices, return to baking sheet and bake until lightly browned on each side, about 15-20 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment