Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Swedish Pancakes



This was my almost 15 year old son's breakfast.  He was very patient with me when I insisted on a picture before he could eat!  My grandfather was born in Sweden, so my mother made Swedish pancakes for me.  I am carrying on the tradition with my children, they prefer Swedish pancakes to almost any other breakfast!


Swedish Pancakes

  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 ¾ cup milk
  • 1 cup flour*
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted and butter for pan
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla
  • salt, pinch 


In a blender, mix eggs, milk, flour, vanilla, and salt.  Blend until well combined.  With blender on, add butter.  Melt one teaspoon butter in nonstick pan.  With heat set med-high, pour in enough batter to coat the pan lightly.  When pancake starts to look glossy, flip and cook very briefly on second side.  Serve with sugar, syrup, fresh fruit, or jam.


*gluten free:  substitute 3/4 cup buckwheat flour and 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour blend



No comments:

Post a Comment